About a month ago, I connected Katie Couric and Brian Solis for a conversation about Katie’s push into new media which started in 2008. What ensued was a discussion about the challenges, the opportunities and the areas of exploration they both think about when it comes to the convergence of “new” and “old” media. What I like to call – present media.
I hope you enjoy – and as always I can’t wait to hear your ideas and feedback.
Thanks to these folks for linking to the interview:
- Harvard’s Nieman Lab – “Preventing Accuracy from Being a Casualty of Immediacy”
- Lost Remote – “Couric Connects with Viewers via Social Media”
- John Boitnott – “Turns out Couric Understands Social Media”
- Social Media Today – “Katie Couric on Social Media and Real-Time Journalism”
- Fast Company – “Katie Couric on Social Media and Real-Time Journalism”
- Jess3 – “(R)evolution’s interview with Katie Couric”