Last week I got a call from one of my favorite MTV Street Teamers – Charlie Berens from Wisconsin. Since our work with MTV ended, Charlie has been busy…he graduated from college and moved west to Los Angeles to chase his dreams. And as luck has it, I’ll be helping him do just that tomorrow when I help his production team cover one of the most exciting events of the year – The Summit Series.
According to the web site, Summit Series DC10 is an “invitation-only event that connects top young minds and inspires a new generation of leaders to succeed in business and life.” Panels range from Business to Altruism to Innovation to Arts and even Personal Growth.
Kiki Ryan over at Politico did a great write up on the event – so don’t waste all your time here! If you want to follow the event via Twitter, check in with these hash tags: #DC10 and #SummitSeries.
Some of the speakers I’m excited to possibly see include:
- President Bill Clinton
- Craig Newmark Founder, Craigslist
- Alec Ross Senior Advisor for Innovation, U.S. State Department
- Ted Turner Chairman, United Nations Foundation
- Alfred Lin, COO & CFO, Zappos
- Shervin Pishevar, Serial Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
- Philip Rosedale , Creator, Second Life
- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder & Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Ann Veneman, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Howard Buffett , White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Engagement
- Wendy Kopp , Founder & CEO, Teach for America
- Mark Cuban Owner Dallas Mavericks; Chairman HDNet
- Leland Melvin NASA Astronaut
- Yosi Sergeant Co-Creator, Obama Hope Campaign