On Thursday, January 14, 2010, The White House convened the forum on Modernizing Government. They are off to the right start after taking the advice of Craig Newmark, creator of CraigsList.com, to make funnel all talk of the forums around the hash tag #modgov.
White House Blogger, Jesse Lee, wrote about it here, which includes a list of the the five break out sessions, the guest list (from CEOs to Labor representatives), and a link to their LIVE White House streaming channel. On the most fundamental level, the forum really (publicly) initiated a converastion about what it means to modernize government operations to increase productivity, effectiveness and efficiency. As I mentioned, the full guest list is linked above, but as a quick idea, the CEOs of Adobe, United Airlines, Facebook, Yelp, Staples, Cargill and Time Warner were all there.
Here is a video of the opening session with President Obama.
- Transforming Customer Service 1: Video recap. (Also worth noting, you can download each video as a mp4 or mp3).
- Transforming Customer Service 2: Video recap.
- Transforming Streamlining Operations 1: Video recap.
- Transforming Streamlining Operations 2: Video recap.
- Maximizing Technology Return on Investment: Video recap.